Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Secular Haiku, Part 2

Here is the second part of the secular Haiku I wrote that were first published through a now-closed writers' network. "Freshly Raked" and "The Childhood Comforter" were originally published in December 2011. "September" was originally published in February 2014. I wrote it about two and a half years after my dog Mulder died. It's the second Haiku I wrote about him.

In the future I may post other pieces that I wrote as a member of the former network. But next week I hope to post something that has not been published before. God bless.


Freshly Raked
Grinning ear to ear,
a little girl falls backwards,
scattering brown leaves.




The Childhood Comforter
As a blizzard roars,
the quilt my grandma made me
warms from head to toe.




September
Tropical Storm Lee
brushed our city with its winds,
left here with your soul.

No comments:

Post a Comment